Monday, 17 June 2013

Something Old Something New

Over this wet and miserable weekend feeling all snuffly with a silly head cold. I spent a lot of my time on the lounge or in bed with my laptop watching YouTube mix media videos. I noticed a lot of the latest videos they worked in an art journal.
Well last night when I finally started to feel better (and could keep my head down without my nose running) I decided that I would start one of these art journals.
 I have been making mix media canvas on and off for the last two years so transferring what I know into a journal would be easy. I also though that I can use this art journal to practice new techniques in it as well.

Today I want to share my first page in my NEW ART JOURNAL.


Everyone has to start off with a blank canvas.


I added my colours first. Here I have used a variety of spray mists, and then rolled paper towel over them to soak up the extra moisture. 


Then I used stencils, paints, paper and assorted textures.


 This art journal has given me the courage to drag out the old Making Memories foam stamps. 


I wanted to add a bit of me to this journal so I added a hand written title, and then some stamping.


And there you have it, my first entry in my new art journal. 
Another happy mix media piece of art work to admire.

Oh and here is a preview of my next two pages....got to love textured clouds. :)


Who else out there loves to get messy playing with mixed media?

Thanks for popping by
Cheers Kylie xx

No comments:

Popular Posts