Wednesday, 12 June 2013

So Much Joy From Such A Simple Thing

Today I want to share with you all how I organise myself, to get ready to scrap a layout.


I like to gather all of my ingredients for a layout before I start.
First I start with the photo/photos. With this layout I have printed my photos wallet size and I am using two photos.
The next step is getting my background which is normally card stock. I normally work with a plain background and I will add to this using mediums of pattern paper or both.


When I add pattern paper it could be scraps or a whole sheet which I will cut up, after choosing these I rummage through my embellishments. I like to gather as many as possible and I try to keep them simple as they are the topping to the photo, and not to busy to distract from it.


Along the process of making a layout I might not use everything I have out. I know that sometimes I might grab something from my stash that I may have forgotten about. But most of the time  I like to use what I have out in front of me.
Once I have everything gathered I like to look at what’s there and think about how I want to use them to express the photos.
 I have a writing pad on my desk and while I am thinking, I jot down title ideas and journaling ideas.
Sometimes I may use Pinterest or a Scrapbooking gallery site to spark an idea, but I never copy. I like my work to be as original as possible.
When I have that "light bulb" moment I get my scrap on and work away until it’s complete.


Remember if you are using mediums such as paints, mist or other items like these a heat gun comes in very handy to speed the drying process.


This layout that I am sharing with you today "Its That Smile" only took me an hour and half to complete because all of the ingredients was there and ready to go. 

I think most of us out there work this way or maybe you don't. For myself I find working this way quicker and I can complete a layout faster.

How do you get a layout ready to scrap? I would love to know.

Thanks for popping by

Cheers Kylie. 

1 comment:

Donna said...

love this page. Having just those colours makes it POP

Popular Posts