Tuesday, 26 June 2012

On A Cold Winters Weekend.

With the weather outside being terribly cold, there is nothing better then having a warm scrap room to create in. On the weekend I had one such thing and completed two new layouts and today I wish to share them. 

For ages I have had this photo of Lance and Zach on the computer and finally the other night with some inspiration on Pinterest I decided to print it and scrap it and this is what I came up with. 


2 Of A Kind - Kaisercraft Up, Up and Away Collection papers, Francheville vintage buttons and clock faces, twine, American Craft Thickers, Perfect Pearl Mist


Inking the edges and using magic mount makes the pp cut outs stand out on the layout.


I love the mixing of alpha's in a title.


This is the Francheville clock face, these where purchased at Spotlight for $4....BARGAIN!!

The second layout I worked on over the weekend was inspired by a picture posted on Polly! Scrap Kits on Facebook for their June challenge. 


Thanks Kayla for posting a great picture for some scrapping inspiration, its also been a long time since I have done a challenge layout and I really enjoyed completing this one. 

The colour, leaves and title are what I took from this picture, I found it a pleasure to scrap.


Love You - Assorted pattern papers, Assorted Cardstock, Perfect Pearl Mist, Mesh Leaves, Marianne flower die (cardstock leaves) Buttons, journaling pen, and canvas tags.


Here you can see the flower die I use to cut up and turn into leaves and the very fragile mesh leaves.


With the tree I traced it out onto the layout and then out lined it with a journaling pen, once I had done that I printed another copy of the tree and then I cut it out and used it as a stencil so I could use perfect pearl mist heirloom gold to colour the tree.


And finally to finish off the layout I used assorted pp cut them into hexagon which seems to be the rage at the moment, and use some assorted canvas words to embellish. 

I really enjoyed the warmth of my scrapping room, and the chance to have a play.

Cheers Kylie 






1 comment:

sutty said...

They are just gorgeous - I loved the 1st one from the thumbnail and then found your 2nd page which is beautiful too :)

Popular Posts