Saturday, 3 January 2009

mmm Yes I have Been Neglecting You Blog!!

Alright I have a confession to make....I've been neglecting my poor old blog. I'm sorry blog for leaving you in the cold world of cyber space....I can confess that I have become a bit of Facebook "Junkie" and thats why you have been pushed to the side.
But no more will this happen...I need you blog...I need to put my thoughts down, I want to share my feeling and my emotions, I want to share those special moment in mine and my families life. Plus all the work I create with this crazy and expensive hobby of mine.

Gosh my last post was such a long time ago that its hard to look back and reflect on last year. My life last year was a chaotic mess, with many ups and downs. I thought at one stage there I was losing my marble, trying to be happy all the time when so many things just brought me down....but hey I pulled through those times and its a new year!! YA 2008 is over bring on 2009....two years of heart ache, sadness and unsettling times must be over. I know that life cant be easy going all the time. But all I'm asking is for a break!! PLEASE

For an update on last year brings me to tears, but I think I can do it...I will go through the tough times again in my mind and then bring myself back to the happier moment to finish this entry off...so here I go.

As from the last post from last year, it was the anniversary of my brother Christopher, death..even though time has passed it still hurts so much. I miss him every day and tear swell in my eyes when the thought of him comes into my mind. I find it also hard to say that the man that killed my brother walked away from this with out paying for the crime he committed....I don't understand any of this at all...all I wish for is karma, and that every time I break into tear over my brother...that in his mind he remembers that he took someones life.

My closest and dearest friend, marriage broke up and this rocked my world. Her and her partner had been married about the same time as Lance and myself, and we both have children of the same ages. It put the world of fear into me and I went though a stage of doubt about Lances commitment to both me and our relationship and this made Lance and I argue all time and say things that upset both of us. I felt so insecure and worried that if what was happening to them, could happen to us. But now I know that I should not judge Lance on other people behavior and that mine and Lance relationship is strong and full of love and commitment...we are best friends as well as husband and wife, and work harder on our communication skills and our emotions towards each other. Lance is my soul mate and we are life long partners and together we are stronger then any obstacle put in front of us!

I injured myself last year by crushing two disk in my neck and was trouble with the fact that I might of had to have neck surgery....the thought of that still scares me...but after many scans and many appointment with doctors and a Nero surgeon, I have been given the all clear. The only good side to injuring my neck was I got to spend time with my family, because all I could do was lounge around the house and take pain killers. I missed my scrapping though, I was tortured with the fact that I couldn't even do the one thing that gives me my time out. So that mean another down side of the year. I couldn't teach scrapping...I was missing that interaction with the girls from Scrappers Heaven, and I was missing my scrapping sessions with my friends too. I do have a happy note to this though before I injured my neck. I got three off to have my worked published, that had made before hurting myself, two are still pending on the decision of the editor with one magazine. The other should be published in March this year in Scrapbook Creations. This is the first time I've been published with this magazine and I'm so looking forward to seeing my art work in there.

Another major bomb shell for us this year was that Lance lost his job in November..It was scary the thought of losing our house because we couldn't pay the mortgage. It was hard for Lance to tell me that he didn't have a job anymore because the business he worked for went into administration. The kids were worried about Christmas even though this year I had been super mum and organised Christmas way before any of this happened...Fear had made the Cornish house a not so happy house. I went into penny pinching mode straight way...working out ways to pay the bills and still live if Lance had to go on unemployment payments. I was even gearing up the fact that I might of had to step into the work place. But someone was looking over us during this period. Because Lance lost his job on a Friday, Friday night he came home and applied for jobs that night. Got a phone call on the Monday for a interview for a job...he had the interview on the Tuesday and started a new job on Wednesday. I was so proud of Lance. So the panic stations went down and we could go back to enjoying a normal life of paying the bills and mortgage. And getting ourselves ready for the festive season.

Now for the Festive seasons the only down side to this is that Dad didn't want to spend Christmas with us. I was hoping that we would all get together, since we all don't normally get see each other all the time. I thought it would be nice to see Mum and Dad together at the same time. But Dad had been on a roller coaster of emotions since the verdict of Christoper murder case, and I think that is why Dad could not do Christmas day with us. It disappointed me and I think that the kids were a little disappointed too, they were looking forward to us all being together as a family like last year. But even with that dampener of Dad not being with us, the rest of us made the day an enjoyable event with plenty of memories to be share.

Well there you go, a run down of the "ups and downs" since my last blog entry...wow
I'm glad that over.

Good Bye 2008

Hello 2009

4 comments:

Merriyank said...

What would we do with the blogs???? Actually Shane only asked me yesterday how you were doing and what happened about Lance's job etc. I'm glad things are looking up for both of us. Maybe 2009 will be the year of wonderful things. Happy New Year Kylie - wishing you all the best.

Tracey said...

Great to see a new entry Kylie ... now mines looking really sad ... dam that facebook for taking over our lives!

Lal said...

Hi Kylie :) Thanks for adding yourself to my blog followers! :)
I just have one thing to say about the verdict on your brother's case. The person responsible didn't "get away" with anything. The laws of our world may not have found him guilty, but God is our vindicator and I guarantee that the day will come when the person responsible will have to answer to someone on higher authority. Hang in there! Justice "will" be done. ((HUGS)) Laura

Kylie Buchanan (Liston) said...

What a heartfelt blog Kylie! I nad a tear in my eye reading it. Here's to 2009 babe! Hope its a MUCH better year for you. And big congrats on the upcoming publications!! I will be eagerly looking forward to seeing them in print!! K xx

Popular Posts