Monday, 31 December 2007

2007 and its Almost over

I'm glad that 2007 is almost over! I have found this year the hardest ever in my life.
I have had so many highs and lows.
The highs of being asked to teach at my local scrapping store, the high of getting a new car, and the high of hopefully being published.
The low of financial difficultly with Lance changing jobs. And of course the biggest low ever was losing my brother in August.
The sense of missing him has been heighten over this month, first being my birthday and not be able to hear him wish me happy birthday, I felt the whole day that I was missing something. Christmas made it hard too, even though we had a brilliant day, there was alway a lingering thought in the back of my mind that he was missing, and now there is tonight, not ringing each other to wish a Happy New Year.
These and other moment that are normally spent with family seem so hard. As I sit here writing this it give me time to reflect on how much of a great brother he was at "times".....yes thats right at times.....Baby brother can really push your buttons and he use to be our trouble maker. I remember him for all the good times we had and I think to myself that I'm proud to be his big sister and that even in death no one can take that way from me.
I say to 2007 good bye and I say another good bye to my brother tonight.....I miss you so Chris and in my heart you are always so near.
And hello 2008 I do not know what you have installed for me or my family, but I say bring it on.....you cant be as cruel as 2007.....Oh and 2008 I'm a stronger person now.....so watch out!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heres to the new year lol alli xxx

Tracey said...

HERES to a happier new year ..!!!

mghairgirl said...

Tears came to my eyes as I read your blog about 2007. What wonderful lessons you have learned in 2007 to make you that stronger person in 2008! It is sometimes so hard to find the words to express how you feel, but you know exactly what and how you are feeling. Happy New Year to you!

Popular Posts